I have decided to do something a little different with my blog this year. I have a lot of things that pop into my head from time to time, so I am going to write about them as they come along. I would love responses on anything and everything that I decide to share. Please don't be shy with any comments, I think that will make it more interesting as it goes along.
I will also be asking for support throughout the year on certain issues. Any encouragement you can give will be beneficial as well. I will go ahead and start now.
I have had some health issues this past year that I have not shared with many. I am not the type of person to share such personal things, believe it or not!, but here goes. My body has decided to go haywire, hormones all over the place and emotions to match. This has not been fun for me or Jeff and the kids! They are so understanding though and have learned as much as I have through all of the "happenings". I am not writing this to bring anyone down or make anyone feel sorry for me. I am writing this to let some know why it seems like I may have fallen off the face of the Earth and others realize why I might have changed.
I am going through many different tests at this time to hopefully, once an for all, determine exactly what is going on inside my body. We are not sure if my Thyroid is the only culprit. I do know that my vitamin D is almost non-existent. (Strange how that can happen to someone who would stay in the sun 24/7. Isn't that what vitamin D is produced from. It has my doctor baffled too.) I will have the results back from all of the other tests at the first of this week. Please keep me in your prayers that we can straighten out everything soon and get my hormones back to normal.
During this time I have also gained back all, if not more of the weight that I originally gained when my Thyroid went kaboom 3 1/2 years ago. I feel awful, but know that until we determine everything happening, there is little chance of the weight coming off. I am going to Weight Watchers this week in order to begin changing the way that me, Jeff and the kids all eat. We can at least be healthy at this point.
Again, I am not posting this to bring anyone down. Please keep us in your thoughts. Any encouragement or thoughts will be appreciated.
Shannon
5 comments:
Shannon~
I will definitely have you in my thoughts and prayers this week.....keep us posted!
Also, I love the new look for the blog ~ it looks GREAT!
Sara
Shannon,
So sorry to hear about everything you have been going through. You are in my prayers.
Hey Girl-
You know if you ever need to talk or need anything at all to call! I will keep you in my prayers! Love ya!
Shannon - love your blog! Just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and I know with your strength and all the love and support you have you will get through this!
Wilson and Dorothy
Shannon,
Though I have not been through your exact situation I can atest to the Thyroid thing....it is AMAZING what all that little thing controls! That has been the only time in my life when I literally thought that the only way I would feel better was to just die! Wouldn't I and my family be better off? I knew I was driving my family crazy! And the weird thing was that I couldn't really pinpoint exactly what was wrong with me......You call me anytime! I know what you are going through and it is not pretty. Keep busy:)and ALWAYS get second opinions. If your not happy with Dr's results move on to another one. You can feel better! If you have to take the thing out! Talk to Scott Scoggins...he found my cancer. I used a surgeon in Asheville Dr. Humble......I will keep watching your blog for updates. You are lucky to have a supportive family:)
Post a Comment